Re: Re: Joining an Extended Contest

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:54:08 -0800

> Um... yeah, I know this. My question was specifically on what happens
> when someone *joins* a group extended contest that's *already under
> way*.

Slot them in via one of the three methods on HQ 68-69, to whit:

  1. Most daring to least daring bid (using the Sample Advantage Point Bids box on page 68) or
  2. Highest to lowest bid or
  3. Highest to lowest Current APs

(Narrator's choice.)

It doesn't really matter that the 2 "extra" PCs hadn't acted in the "Surprise round". That just means that they didn't already have their starting APs determined by the actions of their foes, and can choose an appropriate *attack* rather than a defense to base their APs on.

Though if they decided to flee I'd probably let them without retaliation (by the broos, at least. What their buddies do is something else again).

RR