Re: Re: ILH2 Further Questions

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:30:59 -0800

> Did that last one stump everybody, or is Roderick and co. just busy
> right now? In any case I've got another question that's probably a
> little tough.

I'm waiting on the reply from Greg. I have my own opinion, but Greg has final say :-).

> In order to attune a grimoire or create a talisman, a normal adept must
> open a Portal of Power to the appropriate plane (HQ pg 163). I would
> assume that those Lunars with access to grimoires do the same thing,
> but the only keywords that have Open Moon Gate are Jakaleel the Witch
> and Preceptors. Should those denomintions with access to grimoires be
> given the Open Moon Gate ability, or is every Lunar grimoire user also
> a Preceptor?

Normal practice is to have a Denomination Preceptor open the Moon Gate for the Hero to use. However, a hero *can* buy the ability for himself if he wants. Most Lunar Sorcery types don't, as they usually have access to a preceptor. (the benefits of having a support structure for your magic).

RR