Re: Re: Hero Bands

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 13:14:59 -0400

Timothy Byrd wrote:

> Wulf Corbett writes:
> [snip]
> > In HW, the Hero Band is not a traditional 'adventurer'
> > group (those get the same reception they got in KoDP...),
> > it's a group out after a higher purpose, even if the purpose
> > is just following the Hero. Hero Bands are training for the
> > Hero Wars, not just looking for some action (not, I
> > admit, that the difference is often visible), and should
> > follow the paths of their Gods.
>
> As a couple others have noted, I can't really imagine any of the
> groups I've played with being satisfied with most players being
> followers to one player's leader.
>
> Regarding "training for the Hero Wars" - does everyone know they're
> coming and when? Are there billboards everywhere - "Only 330 more
> adventuring days until the Hero Wars"? Or is it just common knowledge
> that "the old world is dying", but people don't really know when the
> end will come, ala Rangranock? Or is it only the Heroes who see it
> coming? (Or learn of it during their adventures, like in "Three
> Hearts and Three Lions"?)
>
> -- Tim

Terrifying omens and portents have been showing up for a few years now. And in the case of Sartar, its a powder keg waiting to go off. the heroquesting activity among the Orlanthi is almost unprecidented in their history -- except for when they got rid of the EWF.... and got rid of the Bright Empire... and... hmmm...

Oh, and the Brithini are having babies again. That's always a bad sign.

Jeff