RE: Re: Fortress' Defenses in game rules

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 09:25:21 -0600

>From: "Sam Elliot" <sam.elliot1_at_...>
>
>This is (IMO) exactly what you should do. I�ve seen it done with a
>retro "dungeon" as an extended contest.

What Sam said. Consider that the first scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark is one extended contest. Indiana Jones' goal is "Get out of the temple alive and with the idol." And, note this well, he loses that extended contest, the last round being a big bid by the opponent to be waiting for Indy with lots of men when he comes out. And he runs right into it.

What's fun about this is that the character is pretty much garunteed to make it past the first few traps and such, they just might slow him down, and bring him closer to the big rolling ball. Close enough that he runs right into the opponent's trap as he emerges.

Mike

WIN up to $10,000 in cash or prizes � enter the Microsoft Office Live Sweepstakes http://clk..atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0050001581mrt/direct/01/