Re: Problems with a player's 100 words

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:38:35 -0000

Me, I think you need to sort out what this player wants from the game before you go any further, else you´re just storing up trouble, most especially if you take the antagonistic line. Say that this isn´t really the way you like to play your games - if you and the player really can´t see eye to eye on this then I´d say yes, suggest they might enjoy a different game.

Rory´s point about relationships is a good one. I´m not sure I saw any goals or flaws in there. You might like to explain to the player that these things can be fun. You might like to point the player to Mike Holmes´article on failure being fun as well.

You can also, and this is likely my best suggestion, tell the player that if they really want all these abilities, well so be it, but there will be times when they are able to do little as they are so geared for one or two tasks and also their fantastic-ness may attract the young swordslingers wanting to make a name for themselves - could even be fun.

Sam.