Re: ok, let's take this back to basics

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 07:34:57 +0000 (GMT)

Me:
> > The GM's job:
> > 1) find out what the players want
> > 2) give it to them.
> >
> > What am I missing?

GAZZA :
> (snip!)
>
> Nothing, as far as I can see. You seem to have
> mastered the art to a
> far greater degree than I currently have; with the
> above definition of
> the GM's job, it is hard to imagine a player-type
> that you couldn't satisfy.

Only if I can actually carry out the above functions, and I do know of it least one case where I seem to have failed. Well, somebody failed. But if I ask a player what they want, and they don't answer, it does make the process more difficult.

Actually the fun bit is where I ask the players what they want, they give me a list, and I make notes. And over a year later, one of the things they asked for appears, after they've forgotten about it :)