augmentations

From: markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 21:52:05 -0000

>>The improv penality is also supposed to be -3, not -5.

>That's a matter of dispute. :-)

the reason I wrote that is that I asked the question earlier, and thought that Roderick Robertson had replied that it was -3. Looking back at the old messages, however, it was actually David Dunham who answered my question.

>> 2. What is the modifier that an initiate applies to his affinity
>> ability? Is it the standard -3 stated on page 121 of Hero Wars,
>> Roleplaying in Glorantha, or -5, as the writeup of the NPC Zhorada
>> on page 140 of the Narrators handbook indicates?

>-3 for initiates, no penalty for devotees. (I think there may be a
>few other rules comments in the NB that aren't quite right, I'll let
>Roderick list these in a forthcoming errata.)

>-3 is also the standard modifier, as you point out (but others seem
>to think otherwise -- was something incorrect in a synopsis
>somewhere?).

Of course, now I have unintentionally put pressure on Roderick to come
up with an official answer...

                                                    Mark Mohrfield