Re: Re: Character Generation

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:53:28 -0600

>From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
>
>hmmm... I wonder if the difference I'm seeing here is
>perhaps because I expect a LOT of interaction between
>player and GM in character design.

Precisely. That's what I'm saying is the "work" that I'm trying to avoid. Note that I'm for giving feedback on characters, but more in terms of "Yeah, that'll be fun" and less in terms of what's appropriate and what's not.

So, in other words, the point limit is my hard guideline right up front for everyone. "Don't bother me with questions like that, simply use the limit and the character will be kosher."

>Yes, that would be a bit on the
>high side by our standards, but we'd just say so, not
>treat it as a deadly insult or evidence of idiocy or
>anything.

Well, see, already the ambiguity sets in. Can I have it or not? Sounds like some hemming and hawing coming down the pike, maybe some negotiation. The math sounds way easier to me.

Mike

Get FREE Web site and company branded e-mail from Microsoft Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/