Re: Character Generation

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:01:53 -0000

Name a character in a book or movie (aside from perhaps James Bond and Batman) who seem to have an ability or item for every eventuality. In fact, the Heroquest system says that you have three keywords. The narrative and list methods are meant for fine tuning a concept, not creating Mr Jack of all trades master of all!!:^)

There is of course nothing to suggest that in some games GM's concent is available for playing characters with much greater skill sets, each to their own and your Game as weel as Glorantha may vary! :^)

By why limit them? Well, I like Ash's model, where each person is a bit different from the others and where characters have complimenting skill sets. Of course this is an ideal model for what is sometimes described as party play. One of the great things about the vampire game that I am running is that, because each player represents a different clan (and in vampire this means that they have different abilities and skills and concepts). Vive la difference!

Regards
Rob