After the Demo Dust settles

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 23:56:12 +0100

Michael asks
> A dog man is attacking a hero with his bite (^1). The
>hero is defending with his spear and shield combat ability (^3) and
>wearing leather armor (^2 all together for armor). The dog man bids 5
>and suffers a marginal defeat. Would the dog man lose just 5 APs, or
>would it lose 8 APs (5 bid plus 3 for the spear)?

As I understand it, the results would be Dog looses 2X - Dog bid 5, 2x5 10 points lost Dog looses 1X - Dog looses 5 Points
Hero looses 1X - Dog bid 5, +^1 (bite) -^2 (armour) = 4 points lost Hero looses 2X - 2x(5+^1-^2) = 8 points lost

The heroes +3^ for Sword & Shield only come into play on his turn - if he bids 5 too then the net results would be loose 2X - 10 points
loose 1X - 5 Points
win 1X 5+^3 = 8
win 2X 2x(5+^3) =16

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_...                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |