Re: Devotion and illumination

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:05:12 -0800

Olli

>In my Glorantha folks don't
>generally know if someone is a devotee or not. Instead they might say
>that someone is a very holy or religious man.

At the risk of contradicting your Glorantha, I imagine folks generally DO know if someone is a devotee or not. Is he a very holy or religious man who sacrifices predominantly to one god?

What they DON'T know is whether someone is a devotee by the HeroQuest rules. The devoted person described above may be "only" an initiate by the rules. But they're still an exception to the norm, and if folks were to use the term "devotee" it would apply.

--

David Dunham