Re: Conversion tables and scales (tricky situations)

From: Boris yarko <babeldemeter3_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 22:45:50 -0000

> I think the problem you lot seem to have is that you are very
> obsessed with simulating.
> HQ´s strength is description, because you get from a description to
> gameterms in minutes. Just write down all the abilites you want to
> have and assign ratings. Ready for action !

OK, so tell us how do you assign these ratings if the thing that's matter is NOT THE NUMBER BUT THE DESCRIPTION OF THE ABILITY !

If your players have to fight the big boss, a real difficult challenge. With a scale of 5W players in their best abilities.

What would be your boss best fighting ability : "good fighter" (10W1) or "genius swordsman" (13) ?

I think "genius swordsman" better fits with a narrative point of view, isn't it ? But how do you handle the fight then, with your "genius swordsman" (13) ?

Simply.