Re: Tricky situations - heavy negative modifiers, any self-respecting hero

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:14:40 -0700

>> As I remember it was 0W2 as a base number.
>> So it could not be used on its own only as an add
>> on.
>
> Thanks, I think you're right.

He is (now that I'm back online and can answer).

The reasoning was that you can't use a "0" ability, but you *could* modify it. W2 means that you do not fail or fumble under normal conditions.

So if the hero has taken a "Major" wound (-50%), and really, really, really needs to walk at a leisurely pace to the Big Red Button, he has a 20 ability to do so. (and I *would* make him roll it!)

Of course, once a hero has ability ratings in the w2+ range, he'd probably use those instead...

RR