Re: Re: Tricky situations List

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 09:15:44 -0700

> It is because they take themselves out in the first round normally if
> I do use bigger villains.
> It is annoying to the other players who want the exchange of AP to
> simulate the fight.

Well, that does simulate some fights and some tactics - a quick rush that either overwhelms the opponent or the attacker goes down (or away).

Asking the All-Ap players what they are trying to simulate might help. If they know what they are doing, and continue to do it, then there's not a lot that you can do - after all, It's Their Glorantha Too.

On the other hand, if they aren't sure what the AP "really mean", point them at pages 67 and 68.

Asking them to describe their actions along with the bid also helps - You (as narrator) have the right to modify the bid in relation to what they say they are doing - a All-AP bid with a "I fight defensively, feeling him out" action is a big disconnect, and you are well within reason to ask them to modify one or the other. ("Feeling them out" is more in the way of a 3 AP bid)

RR