Re: QW - apparently arbitrary rules

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:18:36 -0700

For me, if a follower is under direction from the Hero, then he's really
"just an extension" of the hero and using an HP would (to me) be
appropriate.

If the Follower is out somewhere away from the hero, then using an HP from the hero isn't appropriate - he should get his own d*mn HP if he's going to use them away from the Hero.

Yes, I know all about the individuality of Followers, and how some people (I'm looking at you, Jane) let people play followers as if they are heroes when the heroes aren't around, and I've done similar in Pendragon, playing Squires, but there is a rules distinction between "Player Heroes" and
"Followers" that is supported by a number of mechanics - the number of
abilities a follower has, more damage in defeat, etc.

It's how the (current version of the) game is written. Should Robin decide to change the rules, well, that's his prerogative; if people want to ignore the distinctions, that's theirs. YHQWV!

RR