Re: HQuestions char creation - initiation and concentration

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:30:11 +0000 (GMT)

That's why I use the Aspect as the keyword and add into that the additional skills of all subcults of that aspect including crossover subcults. Essentially using Mike's (I think?) idea of nested keywords, only I just subsume the skills into one extended keyword.

eg
Orlanth Thunderous - primary

    Destor - Secondary
    Hedkoranth - Secondary

I've mostly put down just Initiate of Destor (esp since in HQ the whole cult/subcult thing wasn't detailed). But since he is normally Adventurous, I've sometimes put it down as Initiate of Destor Thunderous to clarify something like a crossover subcult/aspect. (I've even done it with all cults, just to clarify)

(Thus you could have Destor Allfather/Destor Adventurous/ Destor Thunderous).

Note: whether you can do this mix/match cult/subcult thing in all theist faiths is unclear. (I somehow think the more rigid Dara Happans might be less likely to allow such things.)

LC