Re: Re: QW - How many augments (to Mr Laws)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:20:30 +0100 (BST)

> yes, but do you remember the augment race during
> that baboons and
> ducks game?? Not very good, and the GM had to call
> an end to the
> augmenting as some folk were getting agitated, and
> it was ruining the
> moment, and spoiling the momentum of the game.

And if we'd had to describe how we were using each augment, it would neve have occured like that. In fact, I thought that particular case was hilarious. It was a spoof augment-fest. We really were trying to use *every* skill on the character sheet, just to see if we could. But I quite agree that once was enough.

> I just can't see it ever being a problem in PBeM
> because of the medium.

Less so, true, but a boring list of skills is still a boring list of skills, and the GM saying "oi! drop those two because..." can introduce a day's delay.

And if one player likes adding up a dozen or so, and another thinks scouring the sheet for numbers is boring, you'll still have clash, because with the same starting abilities, one ends up with a TN ten points higher than the other.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/