Re: Ranks and edges.

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:43:30 +0200

> > Not that it changes the point that i was trying to make, namely that
>> sword ranks being ineffective visavi Actor's loss of AP doesn't mean
>> that counter-attacks are inapplicable as defender actions.
>
>Oh, was that your point? ;-) That I agree with, naturally. Though
>often, attack may not be the best form of defence...

Agreed. OTOH, an exchange in HW mustn't necessarily be understood in the sense of 'Actor attacks' vs 'Opponent defends'; i'd say that it can in fact be quite misleading (as i have interpreted the Rules), judging by Richard Develyn's understanding of applicable defender actions.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]