Re: Basic magic question

From: t.s.baguley_at_...
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:37:57 +0100

>Have I understood correctly that, apart from restricted use fetishes, there
>is no limit on the amount of use of a spell/feat/spirit-ability (haven't
>read mysticism yet)?
>
>IOW, if you have a fly spell, you can fly as often as you like. Some things
>I know are limitted to, say with Healing, per wound. But a healer could heal
>a whole battlefield (and someone who raises undead could also, presumably,
>raise a whole battlefield).
>
>Richard

Yes. Someone with a knife can kill an entire village. It just takes forever and other factors intervene. Healing a battlefield is no problem, but one-at-a-time some of them die before you get to them. Unless success is automatic, you'll fumble before you heal too many. As people have pointed out, engaging simple contests time after time is downright dangerous.

Thom