RE: Re: HQ Beginner - Character Generation questions

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:47:46 -0500

>From: "Bryan" <bethexton_at_...>
>
>The important thing is finding the right fit for how the player views
>the character and what the narrator finds comfortable.
>
>I would submit that none of those options is unbalanced. Actually I'd
>say natural magic might be the weakest, but it can tie in to
>interesting mysteries about why the character has this ability.

Sage advice from Bryan.

On the general subject of whether something is "Powergaming" or the like, and whether or not that's bad, that's a far more complex subject than most people think. I don't think that we should even try to solve it here. Mostly because we don't have to solve for it, in this case. There's no problem here.

That is, you're obviously putting very much thought into this already (more than many people do), as to what will make for fun to play characters. Rory has given you the answers on what Glorantha is generally like. You understand that PCs have to be plausible within the world, but can also be exceptional in many ways.

Armed with all of this you'll make the right choices for your game.

If you want a more extensive discssion on the more general RPG Theory subjects, feel free to email me, or we can maybe move the discussion to another forum (that goes for anyone interested).

I'm not a moderator, this is just a suggestion.

Mike

Mortgage rates near historic lows. Refinance $200,000 loan for as low as $771/month*