Re: Tracking Multiple Actions within Extended Contests

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 11:34:48 -0400

The "limited to opening AP" has bugged me as well. (Especially as it determines the amount you can use in a desperation strike. )

Now, I am given to understand that amount of AP isn't nearly as important as target number (and that has been my limited experience) but it still sometimes seems odd.

In addition, if you don't believe that rolls are always against an ability of the opponent (which - I think - is the position of the book) does that mean that the AP is determined by the resistance? (I've thought so.)

Now, I have not ever had chained simple contests adequately explained to me. I understand the logic in principle - you carry over successes in some way, but no one has presented me with mechanics for it. (Since the system only gives out penalties and not bonuses, how does that work? Do you use something like the Hero Questing rules, with carryover bonuses? Is it like a series of variable augments? How do you decide when it ends? )

LC