RE: Re: Tracking Multiple Actions within Extended Contests

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 09:47:20 -0500

>From: "Sam Elliot" <samclau_at_...>
>
>David:
> > Spoken like a Narrator. From the player perspective, use an Extended
> > Contest if you want a better chance at winning (since you can use
> > more HP, and since a single bad roll doesn't screw you).
>
>But do you as a player really think like that? I don't; I doubt Mike does
>when he's not narrating either.

Well, sorta. I think of it the same as narrator and player: an EC allows the players more control over the outcome. That includes losing badly, too, BTW (note that a single HP usually has more impact in a SC than an EC). It's not a question of whether or not it allows us to win or not so much as it allows us, if invested heavily into the contest, to have a finer control of the outcome.

Mike

Mortgage refinance is Hot. *Terms. Get a 5.375%* fix rate. Check savings https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2bbb&disc=y&vers=925&s=4056&p=5117