Kolating spirit hunting.

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 10:40:41 +0000 (GMT)

Unfortunately I am still having difficulty in getting my head around HQ anamism. I have a Kolating practitioner in the game I run and the player is keen on having his hero bind any spirit he encounters. I am not really sure how to play this, though I have several alternatives. :-)
  1. He can't do this until he becomes a shaman (the approach I have at the moment)
  2. He can do this and uses Worship Kolat ability to bind the spirit. The spirit becomes a common magic charm with rating 13 (but can be increased).
  3. He can do this and uses Worship Kolat ability to bind the spirit. The spirit becomes a practice/tradition charm with the spirit's ability intact (but can not be changed).
  4. He can do this and uses Worship Kolat ability to befriend the spirit. The spirit becomes bound into a fetish and he gains a relationship at 13.

Obviously the spirits attitude is more to Kolat than to the Kolating.

Any ideas?

Gavain