Re: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: Glorantha, HeroQuest and metamagic (moved from WoG)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 23:28:27 +0100 (BST)

> Now we throw the fireball at Wooden Palisade that
> can "Resist fire 10w"
> (Wood can be amazingly hard to light, especially
> whole logs). The Mundane
> fireball is resisted by the fire retardent
> properties of the wall. The Magical Fireball is
*not*.

> Hope this helps.

That example above does, yes. That's the difference between defending against a magical attack and a mundane one. I knew there was a difference somewhere!

> Sure you can have "Married", just not at Hero-level
> to start.

Let me go back a few posts...

>(figuring that if you're not "In love 5w", you're not

> really In Love, I suppose -
> "In Love 17" is pretty weak, and would probably fall

> under "potential partner").

Your words. "Potential partner", not "married with three kids". Nothing Hero-level about it. This is normal Joe and Jessica Bloggs, default target of a Seduction roll.

> If your
> relationship is that important to your character,

It isn't. That's the point. We're talking about a normal person who's married, whose normal abilities are at 17, including this one.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/