Re: Effects of Misapplied Worship

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:35:51 +0100 (BST)

> Over on the WoG list, there was some discussion of
> this in relation to
> the Aeolians. I looked through the rules on p. 110,
> and realised that
> I'm not entirely sure what they say.

Quick quote here: "Magic gained through misapplied worship does not benefit from concentrating magic, nor can misapplied worship obtain any magic that requires concentration (such as a secret or a spirit ally)."

It doesn't say you can't concentrate, only that you can't get any benefits via your misapplied worship if you do.

> But what about theists? The obvious
> interpretation of the sentence is that, since
> devotees have to be
> concentrated, any power that is unique to devotees
> is forbidden to
> misapplied theists. Or, in other words, there are no
> misapplied devotees, only initiates.

I thought that, until I looked at the table of "Effects of Misapplied Worship" and discovered that one can get feats. I thought that feats as opposed to improvising off an affinity required that one be a devotee? Or did I get that bit wrong? I know in HW there was a concept of stand-alone feats - does that still exist, and would cover this?

Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html