Re: Re: Improvising Unconcentrated Magic (was missapplied worship)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:08:08 -0700

>I guess what I am asking for is the opportunity to be able to get an

> active magical effect, albeit with a penalty. But I think that its
> specifically legislated against in the rules/

Yes. According to page 104, talents can be used actively, Charms, Spells and feats "...can only be used to augment another appropriate ability, they cannot be used as an active ability in a contest".

Now, if you want to allow active use of CM with a penalty, I don't think anyone is going to kick down your door and arrest you. With the whole refocusing on national terrorism and radical extremism, the budget for the Rules Police doesn't allow for simple enforcement of the rules anymore.

Frankly, I think the use of "Improvising a feat from an affinity" in the initiate section is the wrong word - "Allow active use for a -10/-5 penalty" sounds better to me. Another thing for the re-writers of G-HQ (Glorantha HQ) to think about.

RR