Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: Initiate v. Practitioner

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:19:57 -0400

Here on the rules list...

On July 20, 2007 12:34 pm, Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:
> He can deal with the basic spirits of his tradition (outside of Practices)
> as he *is* a Spiritist of the tradition.

Right. Absolutely.

> As far as trying to play with
> other practice's spirits, I would only adjudicate that on a case-by-case
> basis. How do the two practices deal with each other? Are they allies? Are
> they enemies?

Do you have enemy practices within the same tradition? That seems a bit odd.

> Are they split on gender or some other lines?

Always a good point.

> Some might be
> "neutral" to the hero's practice, some might be "hostile", a rare few might
> even be "friendly".  I'd assume that *some* information can be gleaned from
> "Tradition Knowledge", though at a hefty penalty for the most part (some
> spirits might not be included at all in "Tradition Knowledge, only in
> "Practice Knowledge").

*nod* I agree with all this. I think it might depend entirely on what makes sense for the tradition and how its practices are conceived.

> Trying to use a "foreign" spirit has similar problems - is a Fire Spirit
> from a foreign practice friendly or hostile or neutral to your Fire Spirit
> practice?

Interesting. Absolutely I would let that be a possibility. Moreso than maybe some other combinations. (If you are a practicioner of a fire spirt practice, dealing with Kolati wind spirits is probably a REAL problem.)

> Well, you pays your Hero Points and takes your chances (and no,
> you *don't* get to augment with "Practice Knowledge"!).

Absolutely not. :-)