Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: Initiate v. Practitioner

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:57:58 -0700

> For spirits, yeah, you might have a water practice and a fire practice,
> and
> they might not like each other. But the spirits probably don't wage
> outright
> war on each other. And the practitioners will probably face the same
> social
> requirements as well. Two practitioners of these "enemy" practices may
> exchange dissatisfied glances with each other, or even have words at
> times.
> But they probably don't actually come to blows over their differences.
> Both
> spirits are allowed by the strictures of the religion, and that means that
> you can't treat each other like criminals.

I actually should have used "Hostile", as most of what I was thinking of was the Spirit attuitude (page 132) and I didn't bother to check the book for exact terminology.

And you definitely have "hostile" spirits inside the tradition - the Fire & Water prasctices are an example of such. "The Warming Ember spirit resists you as 'hostile' because you have that 'Cooling Dew' spirit"and the like.

RR