Re: I'm a devotee for economic reasons....

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 00:11:05 +0100 (BST)

> I suspect that 80-90% of first timers when told
> about the advancement
> costs of a concentrated magician compared with non
> concentrated, and
> the improv penalties of non devotees, become
> devotees in a theism setting.
>
> Surely such decisions should be based on story
> considerations and not meta-game economics!!??

Or at least, meta-game and story-world should come up with the same answers. Yes, I know Gloranthans don't know the numbers, but when your gamist head and your story-telling head are pulling you in opposite directions, it hurts.

Add to that the idea that when concentration was introduced, it was set up such that existing PCs were concentrated by default, and non-concentration was a penalty compared with the norm... it just doesn't tie in with the idea that in fact non-concentration is the norm for most people.

Awkward, I agree.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/