Re: Re: Armour Fiddling

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 07:25:04 +0100 (BST)

> > BTW, I don't recall an Icelandic saga where armor
> plays a role
>
> But then, I'm not really going for the feel of an
> Icelandic saga in my games, so that's fair enough.

And if someone is, that would explain why they're prepared to put up with that level of abstraction. I've always found the Icelandic sagas barely readable because they're so abstract: "X hit Y", with no mention of what it felt like or what they thought about it. You never get the feeling of being there.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/