Re: Re: Specialization, bad wording of the magic

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:23:56 -0700

> Wow. I completely missed that discussion. I know that if the tree is
> mundane
> you ignore the tall, but it seemed like it was magic it could augment with
> it. (Certainly not have it used as a bonus against it.)
>
> Interesting.
>
> On July 21, 2007 08:42 pm, Joerg Baumgartner wrote:
>> Because Tree Leaping - a feat specifically designed to leap over a tree
>> too high to leap over for a normal human - cancels out that advantage.
>> Tallness of a tree might actually become a positive modifier for the
>> leaper (if he wants to leap the tree and another obstacle as well, like
>> Hofstaring escaping the battle of Boldhome in 1602). I don't recall
>> where,
>> but this was discussed in some detail to illustrate the kind of
>> resistances one may face with a feat.

It depends on what the tree is resisting with -

"Tree leaping magic" vrs Mundane tree, the tree *only* gets the 14, no matter if it's 10 feet ot 300 feet high.

TLM vrs "Magical tree" - If the tree is using "tall" as the primary defense, then it (obviously) can't augment with "tall" (no double-dipping!). If the Tree is using something else as its primary defense, then it can augment with Tall as with any other ability.

RR