Re: Re: Mythic Russia, and Pyrrhic Victories

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 02:59:07 -0400

Jane,

On July 26, 2007 02:48 am, Jane Williams wrote:
> Personally, yes. But I'd like to see the Mythic Russia
> version of the rules. As far as I'm concerned, I'm
> using the existing HQ rules, just adding a repeat:
> presumably there's more to it than that in MR?

I would think so.

Actually, as it is 3 am and I should be asleep and am sick of looking for apartments, I had a thought about doing this in extended contest format.

Instead of a 7AP for a -1 wound (which I never liked because it seemed so arbitrary, why 7?), how about you can trade a success level worth of AP to produce a "wound".

I have used the "you can choose to go for an AP shift or a mechanical effect (unrelated action) before. But how about making the choice post die-roll. You can drop one level of success in order to get a mechanical result.

i.e. - If you get a major victory, you can drop to a minor victory for purposes of AP shift and get a marginal victory as a mechanical effect. Or you can drop to marginal and get a minor victory as a mechanical effect. Or trade the whole thing in for a major victory as a mechanical effect.

That may be totally incoherent and unnecessary. It is 3am.

I'll read it tomorrow.

LC