Re: One System to Rule Them All (Was: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: How Much Rule fiddl

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:52:35 -0500

>From: "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_...>
>>
>The problem is in giving an option and damning it at the same time.
>"Well, this is an option, but it isn't very good, and people that play with
>it are losers".

As Robin has said better than I, he's not damning the option (if he thought it was universally bad, indeed he wouldn't include it at all). He's giving some information to the reader on what it may or may not work well with. Indicating that other changes might be in line if you use the option, or that problems might occur that one will have to deal with.

As Robin says, that's just responsible design. If you find that somehow offensive (I really think you're responding to an offhand comment Robin made here which won't be in the text, but) then you're right, we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Mike