Re: Illumination

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:41:30 -0000

> I like them and want to expand these rules to include "old fashioned
illumination" including Nysalor Riddlers. I thought for Nysalorians illumination should be a two stage process.

I tend to dislike two-stage contests - either it works, or it doesn't. YGMV, of course.

> 2) Attack by the all: All vs Victim's "Grounding in the real world", any defeat
for the herp means the hero carries on as normal. Any victory for the Hero means the hero is now aware of the cosmic all and gains the Nysalor Riddling skill at 13. I would guess that (from my memory of older material) many victims become occluded so perhaps illumination only occurs with complete victories and occlusion occurs for lesser states of victory.

Nysaloran illumination *always* results in Occlusion - according to the ILH2 definition thereof. A Nysaloran Illuminate cannot become a Lunar Immortal, frex.

I have a feeling that the Illimunation/Occlusion divide simply does not exist for Nysaloran illumination - you are just "Illuminated'.

RR