Re: Re: Illumination

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 08:13:28 +0000 (GMT)

> Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
> > So no chance of gaining peace with the All?
>
> According to Greg, that is correct.
>
> HOWEVER: The current, RQ2 CoT, third-age "Nysaloran Illumination" taught/
> spread by the Riddlers is NOT the same as the First Age Nysaloran
> Illumination taught by Nysalor and his followers. The secrets of "real"
> Nysaloran Illumination are lost (along with Nysalor). What is taught nowadays
> is only a flawed memory of what was (possibly) a valid technique. The
> Riddlers do not have a true path to "peace with the All". Their technique is
> corrupt at its very core. Which doesn't mean that it isn't useful in a power-
> munchkin-y sort of way...

Thanks. That brings me much better understanding. This corrupted illumination explains why many people are suspicious of illumination since outside of the Lunar empire I suspect that most peoples experience, if they have any, is of corrupted riddlers.

It also explains why Riddling is one of the listed challenges against the All in ILH2 p38. You are faced with a corruption of illumination it is going to cause some problems :-))

Gavain