Re: Temporarily Joining a Hero Band

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 20:33:09 +0100 (BST)

> Hi!
>
> The Heroquest rules have an example where the
> players appear to
> temporarily join another hero band to gain the
> benefit of the band's
> guardian when they are working as guards. (I don't
> have a page cite
> handy, but it's in the section on guardians).

Page 92. It's a bit big to sensibly quote here, sorry.

> Is it possible to join
> a hero band for one mission without incurring the
> penalty for later
> leaving the band? Also, is it necessary to spend a
> hero point to join the band in this fashion?

I can't see any reference in the example to spending a HP. Some of the PCs join (swearing an oath), others don't. Those who do, later get a warning of danger courtesy of the guardian.

I can't, from that, see any difference in the benefits gained between being a "temporary" member and being a full one, other than that there's no HP spend. There's no reference I can see to later penalties, either. Interesting..... something must be missing here, surely?

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/