Re: Re: Temporarily Joining a Hero Band

From: Paul King <paul_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:14:03 +0100

On 14 Aug 2007, at 17:04, David wrote:

> I raised the issue because I am considering a "one shot" expedition to
> the underworld, I want the players to be able to join a hero band
> whose guardian negates the alien world penalty, and I am debating
> whether to charge a hero point and then impose a penalty when they
> leave the hero band they "temporarily" joined

That really comes down to the nature of the Hero Band and their Guardian Entity. If they're happy to allow temporary members there shouldn't be a problem.

Personally I'd be a bit more worried about negating the Alien World modifier. That's Secret level magic in the canon material. In my game I'd more likely go for a bunch of augments and Community Support rather than give a Guardian Entity that level of power. But it's your game.