Re: Digest Number 2576

From: Jamie <anti.spam_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 17:57:33 -0000

Luke:
>Jamie, I suspect you and I are in violent agreement.

Actually I don't really see a disagreement I agree with everything you just said. I know its a first for me on here so I'll go have a lie down and come back when I got more to grouch about.

I think considered advice on how to use HQ is what is lacking. I can see why it wasn't fully explored in the previous versions, as the Gloranthan setting material was rightly prioritised IMO.

My reservations on BW are mainly focused on its slightly narrower focus and my problems GMing it for my group, but I think any detailed discussion of why BW feels wrong for some (and by no means all) Gloranthan play, probably drifts far from the topic of these forums.

But, suffice to say my main reservation was that any attempt to borrow the Artha mechanics from BW would involve a big change to those borrowed mechanics and coming at the same problem from SotC's direction would be less work. I like less work.