Re: Two goals?

From: Ian Young <ian.d.young_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:11:46 -0000

Jane Williams wrote:
> > Once your
> > lesser extended contests start getting nested like
> > that (a big no-no according to the rules),
>
> Then the rules need to get back in touch with reality.
> It happens.

I believe there's really a very good reason for not nesting extended contests: the bookkeeping quagmire. This gets back to our original question, after a fashion: How do you shift goals during a conflict without creating nested extended contests? To be honest, this isn't a problem I've had to deal with in a game, and I don't have a clear answer on it, either.

!i!