Re: Re: Three Way Internal Contests?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:46:11 +1300

At 11:58 a.m. 28/11/2008, you wrote:

>Unfortunately this isn't what I'm after. I'm not looking for a
>contest that resolves "instinct vs right action".
>I'm looking for a contest between "instinct vs personal agenda vs
>cultural imperatives". It's a three-way contest.

However that introduces another level of dice-rolling for little fun in my eyes.

A better way to handle it might be to have the base impulses available as automatic
augments, thus if your 'newt hero has wrath at 1w3, it will have an +6 augment begging to be used ("give in to the dark side! you know you want to!!) every time
it swings its klanth. And if it gives in, then wrath gets feed.

Of course the 'newt can always evade the temptation by saying its right action prayers
before the conflict but that adds a penalty to its actions during that conflict.

So the instinct versus personal agenda versus cultural imperatives conflict is still
there but instead of rolling for it, the player is constantly tempted whether to
follow right action or give in and do penance later.

--Peter Metcalfe