Most influential game of the decade...

From: Lev Lafayette <lev_lafayette_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 20:03:24 -0800 (PST)

This poll gave me the shudders of Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot.

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=430168

Sure, I can kinda grok the entire D&D3.x/d20/OGL getting top notch. That does make a great deal of sense to me.

But Hero Wars/HeroQuest, to me, is what made gaming in the 2000s. As the summary, accurately states "Established the 'narrative'/'indie' motif" and influenced "'Indie' and 'narrativist' games generally".

It was, and is, hugely influential!

Yet Hero Wars/Quest managed a mere 6.92% of the vote. Heck, MLwM got more than that.

It hurts my brain to think that HQ was not been as influential as it should be, or that it hasn't generated sufficient recognition.

All the best,

Lev