Re: Extended Combat in the New Rules, or Oscar Wilde vs. Great Troll Redux

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:12:42 -0000

Dear Blerg2 ;-)

I perfectly remember that old thread (back in the times of Steve Lieb founding of this same list): Oscar Wilde vs the Troll. I can now add that, in the years between then and now, at least once I used the extended contest (multiple extended contest matter of factly) in a similar situation: one hero was engaging the enemy (an Alkothi brute) and the other was screaming at the brute false orders that confused the Alkothi and made him easier to be defeated in melee. I resolved it with APs rather then unrelated actions. It was my choice as narrator to do so. Someone could do it another way, I suppose.
Napoleon's marshals did something similar on the bridge of Aspern- Essling, IIRC.
In my game, the result was perfectly reasonable.

Ciao,
Gian