Re: How do you compare published abilities without numbers?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:01:07 -0000

> I think he means "what if they're both 'legendary'?" Does that
> necessarily mean they're evenly matched - I would have thought not?
> OTOH, it may be that in a narrativist game, if the PCs can't influence
> the outcome, then that outcome isn't really very important. The story
> is about the PCs, after all, not the NPCs. (This isn't the way I'd
> want to do things, BTW, but it does seem consistent).

You mnean, can the Hulk beat Superman? We all know the Hulk gets stronger the madder he gets, so obviously he'll win! :)

Seriously, if it truly is important in your story whether Ethilrist can beat Argrath in a sword fight, then you probably don't want some half-assed stats that Greg or I came up with.

Jeff