Re: RQ v. HW v. HQ1 v HQ2

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:02:08 -0000

Jeff Richard:

> This is why I said that HQ2 was
> remarkably "honest" as to what it is.

HQ2 is indeed, entirely honest. No complaints from me on that front!

> That being said, Ash describes exactly how I ended up setting
> resistence levels in HQ1 - I would wait until my players finished
> figuring their fifteen minutes of augment calculations and state their
> total augmented ability. Then I would figure out the resistance based
> on what I would think met the needs of the game dynamic, or in short,
> the pass/fail cycle.

Blimey, no, I can't confidently say that I never once did that. Nor did the only GM I've played with outside a con. (It's more difficult to judge at cons, because of the one-off nature of things, so I can't say one or t'other there).

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/