Re: Transfer bogosity.

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 11:46:34 -0400

Alex Ferguson wrote:

> Dunham, D:
> > The original extended contest system had very common transfers, which
> > meant that beating a tough opponent pumped you up so that you would
> > find it much easier to beat the next opponent.
>
> Or best of all, one trollkin every three minutes, indefinitely.
> How many APs can I absorb before I explode?
>
> Cheers,
> Alex.

Extended contests are normally used when its actually a contest. with some threat. A troll kin every three miniutes would be resolved (by me at least) as "You kill the pathetic wretches one-by-one as they emerge. But, while you are busy doing that, the real threat emerges eleswhere.... please, what's your Listen? Oh, and resist an incoming Blind feat at... 15W difficulty. Yeah, she's *big*..."

Jeff