Re: Relative resistances and narrow/broad abilities

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 20:14:31 -0000

Ashley Munday:

> I thought the rules say start the base resistance at whatever the
> highest ability an adventurer can reach - 14? Or did I just misread
> something

It's [highest possible ability at character generation] minus 13, but yes, that's the starting value for the beginning of a campaign. Then it increases at a suggested rate of +1 per 3 sessions, subject to any tweaks that may be necessary to account of your player's style.

I'm unclear to me whether the intent is that the base resistance always remain more or less the same value below the PCs' best ability (so that challenges remain equally dramatic), or whether it's intended to increase at a slightly slower rate than the PCs improve (so that improving abilities makes you more likely to succeed over time).

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/