Re: The merits of relative and absoluteresistances (HQ1 and HQ2)

From: markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 21:57:40 -0000

I wonder how much of that is due to the fact that D&D is often the only rpg the kids are widely exposed to though. Looking back to my own early days in the hobby, HQ is probably more like what I was expecting rpgs to be like when I was reading about in John M. Ford's "On Evenings on the Fields We Know" articles in Asimov's SF Magazine, but had not yet actually played. But I suppose that my question can only be answered by traveling to an alternate reality where D&D doesn't dominate the market to the extent it does in ours.

                                              Mark Mohrfield