Re: Misapplied Misapplied Worship Rules?

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 10:30:30 +0200

Nick :

> >> If my reading is right, then any one character can *only*
> >> perform one kind of worship
>
> > Generally true ; but this doesn't always apply (for instance)
> > to the Secrets of Theism.
>
> Yes it does. See HW p.166 -- "Secrets have different forms. Although most
> utilize game mechanics very similar to other types of magic, it is important
> to note that this does not make the secret an example of that type of magic.
> A secret that acts in game terms as an affinity is not actually one."

Your Interpretation May Vary.

> You are making an assumption about how two as-yet unpublished "special cases"
> might work. Why?

Errrm ... to discuss the rules ??

> I think this is down to sloppy writing and/or editing which can be rectified
> by critical interpretation

Ugh ! That sounds grisly !

No offense, but you can't tie good writing down, let alone 'rectify' it.*

Try and understand it in your own terms ; sure. Kill it by devising one right-thunk critical interpretation ; no thanks !

cheers,

Julian Lord

Sorry, guys, sorry ; I know I shouldn't play with matches, but what can I say : I must be a slow learner ...