Spirit combat in Heroquest

From: mouserampant <richard.crawley5_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:16:28 -0000

Interestingly (or not perhaps) in my abortive campaign the character taking on the "Slayer" role was actually possessed by the the spirit of a nineteenth century Slayer.

Which brings me to another question. Hence the change of subject line.

I've been looking at a couple of old RQ scenarios (Snakepipe Hollow and Balastor's Barracks) and wondering how your standard, run-of-the-mill RQ ghost / disembodied spirit works in HQ. What would be the typical kind of ability used to resist being attacked by a ghost?

I suspect we can be a bit more creative now as to ghosts' aims in entering spirit combat in the first place? No longer should it just be a case of it attacks you, you lose 2pts of POW, it keeps going until you or it reaches zero.