RE: Re: HeroQuest (2nd Ed) will be avaible this June!

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:01:14 +0100

What we did, to move into HQ2, was to follow the Battlestar Galactica model and have a re-imagining. This can apply to any/all aspects of your campaign. What the BSG guys did was to dream up the setting, heroes and plot setup based on the existing 80s films/show - keeping the bits they liked and letting the rest slide.

We played a scenario from the heroes past and imagined how the heroes we had already grown to love during play in my campaign would be before such a story.

When we resume the campaign in the present, the players are going to write 100 or so words for these same heroes.

Our intention is to make characters that are primed for the story-now approach. It is not our aim to copy each and every skill from the old HQ1 character sheets. We are also not keeping existing skill levels: it will be as if the heroes were just created for the first time.

One of the ideas I picked up whilst at the last Tentacles (I think from Robin Laws) is to go through this process at the start of every series but I don't know how it's going to work out because I've not thought it through.

Matthew